1.12.2009

Austin



You can't talk about Austin without mentioning music; before I do, I just want to say the best way to see Austin is rolling down Congress towards the capitol on the back of a tandem bike. I haven't even looked at a bike in 15 years (not after a nasty accident in 6th grade left me with gravel in my knees--stupid hill), so this was a big deal.  

Bottom line: Austin is fun! 

My future sister-in-law cooked the most fabulous meal and taught me how to two-step. I got to test out my new moves at a house party where JWW and the Prospectors were playing. We may have crashed this party, but that's okay because the music was worth it! The next morning, we went to Maria's Taco Express for hippy church, walked around South Congress and had a little hair of the dog at Guero's.


We started the Sunday night circuit at Ginny's Little Longhorn for Chicken Shit Bingo, and after 25 cent drinks on 6th street, we ended the night watching the Shake 'Em Ups and Haybale.

Everyone in Austin was so friendly, and the southern hospitality was truly treasured. Thanks for the good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment