1.21.2009

Before shots of the new pad

Here's a sneak peek of the new apartment! 

The building was originally a hotel erected in 1901 and survived the 1906 earthquake. The only downside is the location on a busy, busy corner, but the tall ceilings, bay windows, hardwood floors are too attractive to pass up. I'm probably a fool, but when I daydream of living in San Francisco this is exactly how I imagine it. I don't mind the wear and tear of an older building. . .it adds character. I am absolutely relieved because the ad on Craigslist posted photos of this horrible blue tile in the bathroom and kitchen, but the pictures depicted a similar unit in the building--not mine!

As I mentioned, the apartment is on a busy corner, and all I heard last night was the convoluted conversations of passersby on their way home from the local watering hole. If anyone knows how to block noise, please give me a hint. Double-thick curtains aren't doing the trick, and I may end up buying a white noise machine. I sound like a country girl plopped in the city!

I wanted to post a few photos before the furniture arrives to document the transformation. Yes, I'm one of those people who doesn't make their bed/air mattress before taking a picture, and please excuse the random litter of hardware and PBR cans (you have to pass the time somehow when temporarily living like squatters on a budget).

The apartment has great bones, and I can't wait to make it my new home.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the after pictures, I'm sure Domino will be knocking on your door in no time! (try ear plugs for the noise)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's only perfectly FABulous," she squealed. "Lucky one."

    ReplyDelete