5.08.2009

Birthday week

I guess I'm taking a little hiatus from etsy favorites, but I have to talk about where we went for Jon's birthday because it was the most fun I've had in a while. Bourbon and Branch is a password-only speakeasy that is the most beautiful place beyond that thick door separating street life and the sweet world of high-class booze.



Everything possible is made on the premises, so all juices are fresh, the alcohol is top notch and the drinks are heaven. Our party had Manhattans, Old Fashioneds, Margaritas, Gimlets and the Kentucky Buck (bourbon infused with strawberries, lemon juice, ginger beer and simple syrup).

But the decor was incredible. . .dark and mysterious, candles everywhere, secret doors, tinned ceiling with a monstrous chandelier. . .I looked around the entire time. What you can't see in the pictures is the red wallpaper and dark wood floors. It's a warm cocoon of happiness.


Afterwards, we swung to the other end of the spectrum and ended up at a bar where I almost booted because the bathroom was that disgusting. C'est la vie.

Jon's birthday week isn't over. We're headed to Rutherford this weekend for some R&R and exploring. We finally got around to making the best brownie/cookie/cake ever (give me a break on the not-from-scratch), and I treated Jon to some artwork.


eggagogo: behind every clever girl print
Because I still dwell on the bearded days


Three Fish Studios: Terrorist Fist Jab


Gama-Go: card

Let the birthday celebration continue!

1 comment:

  1. terrorist fist jab is the best!

    ReplyDelete