5.06.2009

To tile or not to tile?

Today's mid-week eye candy focuses on mosaics. Trend's new line of wallpaper incorporates glass and stone tiles approximately 2x2 cm. The coverings are defined as "wallpaper" simply because of the repeating pattern, but don't be fooled because it is actually tiles. . .amazing!

austere

fresh


grand


professional


universal

The designs were created under the direction of Frederica Bisazza, which I assumed was attached to the Bisazza mosaic tile line, but I couldn't locate her name on their site. I need to dig deeper on this one. Bisazza's mosaics are breathtaking and their designer/collaborator line-up includes Tord Boontje, Rene Gonzalez and Andree Putman.







I used to go outside, smash a bunch of stuff and act like I was going to make mosaics. . .yeah right.

2 comments:

  1. oh my god, that is beautiful.
    georgeous.
    wow......... you can do it!!!!!
    but wow, that is beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont know if you can do it or not....
    i mean.....
    wow....

    ReplyDelete