6.11.2009

Let there be light

Do you ever find google image searches to be totally random? Chances are my keywords are about as random as this post. I was trying to find a particular lightbulb (I have no idea what sparked this interest, so don't ask) and became bemused by the image results.









Does anyone remember that huge lightbulb Jonathan Adler used as a chandelier in his Hampton Beach home? He featured a picture of it in "My Perscription for Anti-Despressive Living." It used to be available here, but I can't find it anywhere. It was just comical. 

That is all for the randomness.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, it's the Light Bulb Light by famed lighting designer Ingo Maurer. I'm a major Adler collector and saw a TV piece in which he described it. The light was designed in 1969. I'm not sure it has been reproduced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thank you! I never knew that.

    ReplyDelete