8.28.2009

Renegade Bouquets and good food


I'm still midway through "Omnivore's Dilemma," and it's freaking me out in a good way. It's not overly dramatic like "Fast Food Nation," but I've definitely been intrigued and tried several new recipes this week to avoid corn, corn everywhere while I continue reading. Amazingly, everything I tried this week was delicious. There were no fails in the bunch, so I've shared a few links below. 

Disclaimer: I'm no Martha Stewart. I like following recipes and every once in a while get bold and concoct my own creations in the kitchen. I'll leave food blogging up to the professionals and keep it simple.

The recipe calls for rigatoni, but this would be sooo much better with soba noodles.

Okay, I accidentally picked up broccoli slaw at Trader Joe's, but everything was good. What can I say? I love pickles, vinegar and capers.

Yesterday was the shittiest day ever (and poop on you insurance), so I didn't feel like being healthy. Out went the spinach and in went the bacon. Breakfast for dinner is so good sometimes.


Jon and I are also hitting up the Eat Real festival this weekend in Oakland. I can't get enough food! Have a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment