9.28.2009

We're back!

Hi - Jon here. We've decided to do a bi-weekly addition of my pictures, so you may hear me a little more in the future as I pitch in and contribute to Bangs, a Beard & Ballyhoo.

First things first. Before I showcase some of my favorite pictures this week, I think this is a little more important. Have you ever really wanted something? Like, pined for something and obsessively searched for that perfect thing? For Julie, it's Fornasetti plates. For me, it's vintage cameras. For both of us. . .we'll get to that in a minute.

We've been having a rough couple of weeks, but things get better, luck improves and that thing you've always wanted comes your way. You can't say no. You can rationalize it all you want, try to find objections and be conservative with your money (especially now), but sometimes you just need to do something nice for yourself. While Julie was on hiatus this week, we stumbled on the thing both of us have always wanted. The one thing we've actually set up a savings account for when the day came.

Now I'm not preaching materialism here. Of course objects don't equal happiness and there's more important things to save money for, but like I said, sometimes you can't rationalize it and say fuck it, "let's do it."

Meet the newest edition:









Name to be determined.

3 comments:

  1. May I suggest "petrol guzzler" as a name? :) Though it is a lovely shiny red colour. Perhaps Rose the rocket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's so true! Not the most environmentally-friendly piece of machinery - I don't know how I'm going to justify that after all of my strides to recycle, reuse, reduce.

    But she's just so darn cute :) I like Rose the Rocket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... you've craved it, you found it, you bought it. 'Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete