12.03.2009

Lost in a good read

Thank goodness I've found time to read three books in the past week: Murakami's What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, Hejinian's Happily and New Stories from the South 2009. I'm not going to overly divulge on the aforementioned books. They were quick, entertaining and intellectual reads. It's that simple. My mom has replaced the old rocker that I would read in and rock until I wore out a spring. She always knew where to find me because it squeaked a bit. Today's post is all about rooms I wouldn't mind reading a good book in. Short and sweet. Even though it's a sunny 60 degrees in Virginia, winter is fast approaching, and there's nothing like curling up in a chair with a good book. . .and a blanket. . .and maybe some tea or cocoa.

2 comments:

  1. That last space makes me feel like a dud - bespoke wallcovering, ubercool leather chair, and taxidermy. If only I could step out on that limb a little further!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I look at this room, I just find something else to be inspired by. It's the perfect dose of everything. . .edgy, demure, a little sass. It's going in the permanent file.

    ReplyDelete