9.17.2010

Blogs and books

As a special way to kick-off the weekend each Friday, I’ve decided to share two current items that consume my life: blogs and books.



Today it’s all about my fellow Virginia and D.C. residents. I recently finished The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls, current resident of Culpeper, and loved, loved, loved it. What an amazing writing style. The memoir itself is captivating enough, but Walls has a flawless method of balancing narration of childhood events as an adult. If you’re like me and a little late to The Glass Castle bandwagon, I highly recommend reading this one.



Now it’s obvious that I live under a rock because I’m not sure how I missed The Bitten Word until recently. Started in 2008 by Zach and Clay to put their cooking magazines to good use, The Bitten Word shares some amazing recipes. This week I've made Korean fried chicken and spice-crusted grilled pork tenderloin. Both were delicious. Clay and Zach are my new friends from across the river (can you believe this goodness is right here in D.C.?), and they don’t even know it yet!

Have a good weekend everyone!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment