1.03.2011

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and rang in the new year in style! Since Jon has felt so under the weather, we went to see a movie of his choice Saturday, which was Tron. We heard very mixed reviews, so the expectations were low, but it turned out to be pretty decent. At least it was insane to watch.

I was entertained for two hours, and ended up with a bit of inspiration. Sam Flynn has an amazing dwelling inside several shipping containers that come complete with a suspended fireplace. I thought, "that would look perfect in the corner of our living room." It's an awkward corner, meaning a chair or piece of furniture would look like it was hanging out in no man's land. So the verdict is out and the hunt is on!


Right now, Cocoon Fires is the front runner. How cool would this be in copper (too bad it's not an option)?

By the way, I'm the latest Pinterest victim. I haven't completed any boards (I currently have seven pins) but decided to add as I stumble along something. You can follow me here.

2 comments:

  1. i still think the Soviet sea mines as a fireplace would look great to the main level!

    http://mimg.ugo.com/201012/0/0/3/161300/cuts/mine_480x480.jpg

    ReplyDelete