1.04.2011

An old friend

circa 1995. OMG, she's going to kill me when she sees this! This photo crop is courtesy of another dear friend.

While the house projects are on hold until Jon recuperates, I had dinner with an old friend last night. She's been living in Belgium for the past year+, and it was a total surprise to her that I would be sitting at the table! I can't believe I kept my mouth shut for over two months. I was so nervous for some reason and kept turning away from the window hoping she wouldn't recognize me as she walked in.

We lost touch for several years, but one afternoon in September, she called me out of the blue from Belgium, and I realized that I really did miss her. I'm happy to have her back.

2011 is off to a good start. Here's to keeping old friends near in our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment