1.12.2011

oops


Do you occasionally have a disastrous night in the kitchen? This doesn't happen very often, but last night was a mess. The portobello mushroom lasagna tasted delicious, but I was like the Swedish Chef on meth assembling that masterpiece. Bork. bork. bork.

The recipe I followed started off simmering milk for the white sauce. Problem one: I used all of the milk for that delicious milk punch. No worries because I had every other dairy product known to man. Problem two: While I was tending something else, the milk spewed all over the cooktop stove.

Then it went downhill. My noodles started sticking, I was skimpy on the mushrooms, and I totally forgot I had chicken in the oven for something else. Whoops. In the middle of it all, my beloved measuring spoons kamakazied themselves off the kitchen counter.

Here's the huge kicker - I've never made lasagna! I knew it would pale in comparison to Madre Lasagna aka Jon's mother. It had to be the nerves ... at least that's what I'm telling myself. Jon's reaction, "For all of that mess a while ago, I really didn't think it would taste this good. It's good."

We'll leave last night behind us. Gersh gurndy morn-dee burn-dee, burn-dee, flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip.

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad it turned out yummy! ps-all of my cute measuring spoon sets look like that, i think they are meant to be broken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so sad :( But at least I have an excuse to blow money at Anthropologie! Too bad they don't have this style right now. I loved them.

    ReplyDelete