2.11.2011

Blogs and books


I finally made it to the library! Right now, I'm reading The Interrogation by J.M.G. Le Clezio. Next up are The Savage Detectives and The Satanic Verses. You know, I was reading Anna's (from Door Sixteen) summary of the Prince concert, and she remarked about how lame she felt writing reviews. At times, I feel exactly the same way. She said, "My instinct is usually to let the work stand on its own instead of picking it apart, but at the same time, I like to share my feelings about stuff I love." Yep. That about sums it up.

I guess a graduate degree in writing can give you a leg up, but I've always been hesitant to thoroughly discuss movies, books, art, etc. because everyone's reaction differs. I'm not an intentional debater. My reaction is so personal sometimes that I'm not willing to expose it. The last thing I want to do over dinner is explain or justify my likes and dislikes. Blech.

With all that rambling nonsense, here's a synopsis of the book for those who are curious.
Oh, the tangents! Speaking of writing, I realized how often I make grammatical errors and misspellings. It's atrocious!

Enough about me.

The blog I've visited repeatedly this week is Design Junkies. Killer style. Seriously killer style ... and a plethora of design knowledge that blows my mind and puts me to shame any day of the week. Plus, I get to see it all in person one day! Party on!

P.S. When I post on a different computer, the paragraph breaks mess up. Sorry!

2 comments:

  1. Well, aren't you a sweetie, but c'mon! Who's the one rockin all the sick thrifted finds here lately for the cutest little house ever? I know straight men who have more design knowledge than I do ;)

    Nonetheless, we can't wait for you to come down and hang by the pool!

    ReplyDelete