2.22.2011

Hello new obsession


image source

Antique Roadshow you've done it again! I'll be honest, I didn't have a clue about Acoma pottery until last night, but now I'm grateful that Antique Roadshow was the only worthy thing on television. Lucy M. Lewis pottery is beautiful. It looks as though I'll have a new collection. Move over Fornasetti plates! I'm really drawn to the monochromatic star and lightning patterns. Of course, I can't afford a Lucy M. Lewis piece, but I'm sure I can find something beautiful to appreciate.

image source

image source

image source

4 comments:

  1. Me too! Wouldn't you love to randomly meet someone that sweet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know someone who studied Lucy Lewis, and other tradition pottery, Michael Wisner, in Colorado.
    you should look him up! His pots are amazing, not cheap, but certainly cheaper than Lucy's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip. Wisner's pottery is beautiful! The textured patterns are amazing. And the obsession/appreciation continues ...

    ReplyDelete