2.24.2011

What wood you say?


I haven't been too prolific on pinterest lately. You know, the whole living life thing gets in the way of my web browsing. But, I keep coming back to this find because it makes me happy.

What wood you say has been featured everywhere, but just a little synopsis, it stems from Sighn's ITSOK project (hand-carving one million "It's OK" ornaments). Now you can pick your favorite word, phrase, lyrics, etc. and have them hand carved for $5.00 a character. Pretty cool.

I have no idea what I would get, but my mantra to relax (I recite it over and over during yoga) is an Anne Carson poem Betwixt Me and Thee Let There Be Truth:

At the border crossing all I could hear was your pulse
and the wind combing along my earbone
like antimatter.

I'm pretty sure I've exceeded the maximum character allotment with that one!

2 comments:

  1. laser cut continues to amaze me!
    Thanks for this intro, Julia~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome :) I hope the weather is a little better today!

    ReplyDelete