3.17.2011

Birthday

So my birthday was Tuesday, and I decided to rest a bit. In between finishing my book and keeping up on Japan, here's what went down:
Photobucket
Every birthday girl needs a few flowers, right? I decided to go into the backyard and cut my own. Hello spring! Apparently, every birthday girl needs a tick too because I found one on my hand when I came inside. blech!
Photobucket
Then, it was "crisis tomato." My tomato plants are too spindly for the pots. I'm using horrible lighting to grow seedlings. I know this, which is why I'm chalking this year's garden up as a learning experience to make next year's better. The tomatoes are now in slightly larger pots with the stems buried under plants lights.
Photobucket
Of course when I'm not looking, Duke decides to chew the rug. How sweet. I don't know why I let him do this, but I thinks it's hilarious because he rolls around on his belly and attacks from all angles.
Photobucket
During a little nap, Jon went to a house in our neighborhood that was selling orchids and surprised me! He heard me fawning over a friend's plant the other day. I've never had orchids before, but here we go.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love the print! The arrangement complements it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can fix your tomatoes spindliness when you put them in the ground.

    You can plant a tomato plant up to 2/3rds under ground All the little hairs and leaves will turn into an amazing root system and you will have healthier more amazing plants than if you had grown your seedlings under better light!

    It's a bit depressing at first to see the tall plant get so short, but it's totally worth it and in just a couple weeks your plants will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abigail, thank you for chiming in ... what a lifesaver!

    I keep coaxing these little plants that it's only a few more weeks until they're outside and enjoying the real sunshine! They are much happier now that a bit is buried. I can't wait to see what happens once they're in the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and hi mom (aka wm)! I'm glad you like where I put the print. It's above my bedroom dresser to the right too :)

    ReplyDelete